Monday, February 27, 2006

Manchester England England...

...across the Atlantic sea, and I'm not really a genius genius at all, having insisted the locals show me that fancy folding bridge which turns out to be in Newcastle. Never mind, still managed to do a lightening tour of the town including the Urbis Centre seen here. At the foot of this perspex wedge lurks a Gloom of Goths, huddled from the wind in dark corners, exchanging blood and Bauhaus bootlegs or whatever it is Goth youth do. Manc teens in general cram the streets and crowd onto the Metro at every stop. Knife faced girls and bullet headed boys, filled with lead and powder, primed to go off if you so much as look at them. Back in suburbia, I've perfected the glassy smile which accompanies the act of 'looking at photographs.' I have seen Christmas pictures and wedding pictures and holiday pictures, I think I may even have seen someone's holiday pictures after their Christmas wedding. Kodak need not panic that people aren't printing their pictures anymore. Rest assured this practice is alive and well and being sustained single-handedly by my loved one's family (Can a group of people sustain something single- handedly? They can now)

B

1 comment:

sigh9 said...

knife faced girls and bullet headed boys...nice