Friday, December 22, 2006

The art of self parody is not lost

The Luchador's mask is his alternative face, the second skin he inhabits in the ring and the very embodiment of his wrestling persona. The masks are there to enhance the perception in both opponent and crowd, of a blank emotionless Harbinger of Doom, descending from on high to crush all in their path. That's the kinda look I'm going for here. I'm thinking of sporting this ensemble at my next Michael Flately retrospective, do hope you can make it.

B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I uncover the mystery man in this picture: It is none other than friend & foe Mark Stead. I know him by his stubbly pout. His crummy disguise is no match for my honed match-the-celebrity-lips skills.

Anonymous said...

I uncover the mystery man in this picture: It is none other than friend & foe Mark Stead. I know him by his stubbly pout. His crummy disguise is no match for my honed match-the-celebrity-lips skills.