Tuesday, August 28, 2007

House- gaping maws


Not sure how cathartic posting these pictures is actually going to be, but at least we can see progression of sorts. Here we have the gutted utility room and brutalized kitchen chimney breast. Loved One and I attempted some DIY this weekend, but were stunned into inertia by the enormity of it all. That and the enormous outlay for tiles and carpeting; in the inimitable words of Green Day 'It all keeps adding up\ I think I'm cracking up'. Soon we hope to have a sense of how it will all look in the end, but right now it's a vast builder's crack, from which no light is shining.

B

2 comments:

James said...

That second photo looks like the state of our house when you last came round for a quick fajita and drink..

Billsworth Esq. said...

Er, sorry about that, tho I don't think I was the one falling over all night!