Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Wood sprite


Having never actually been to Wimbledon Common despite setting off there with great intent on a number of occasions, I was pleasantly surprised. There are a number of fairytale forests you can disappear into and not see a soul for hours, apart from random joggers and the odd slavering Labrador. Juju and Chatsie had provided a hearty chicken for us to gorge on and a fine selection of tarts to appease our sugar cravings. The children disappeared into the primordial bracken from time to time for a game of not really hide and please seek me a bit quicker thanks. The sludge infested pond revealed all manner of exciting bugs and gelatinous plant life for study, and many minute frogs fled for their lives as small fingers scrambled after them. Altogether a very pleasant day and one which I would prefer to blog about rather than the house hunting farging nightmare we seem to be embroiled in yet again. I'll leave it at then shall I?

B

No comments: